Saturday 11 May 2013

Open Day - some photos

This morning I took part in the Open Day at the University of KwaZulu-Natal. My colleague, Clint, brought his I-pad and asked somebody to take some photos. The open Day started at 9. My time slot was 9-10. What I didn’t know was that there was general information between 9 and 10 and only thereafter an opportunity for the students to visit the different tables. So, nobody came during that time. I decided to stay on a while. I didn’t get any difficult questions. The only time I messed it up was when somebody asked about one of the degrees and I only heard half the question. I thought the person asked how many credits made up the degree and I answered 364. But the person was asking how many points she needed to apply, meaning how many points from her high school certificate. (Usually one needs between 20 and 30, so my answer “364” was really a nonsense answer.) One of my colleagues heard what I said and filled in. It is always good to be together with more experienced people.


We were a number of teachers at the School of Religion, Philosophy and Classics table.


A dad, together with his two children, is seeking information about our School.

2 comments:

elisabet said...

Är mannen på porträttet du om 15 år?

Anders Göranzon said...

Troligen inte! Han var Chancellor. Jag åfr vara nöjd om jag blir Honorary Lecturer. :-)