Wednesday 8 August 2018

Societas Homiletica – day six

Incoming President Alexander Deeg receiving wishes of good luck from
outgoing President Dawn Ottoni-Wilhelm
Last day of the conference. Already on our way back to Sweden. Today we only had two sessions. First business meeting, which for instance means electing a new President and new board members. But also tabling applications from us who want to become members of the association.

There were 21 new applications and I was one of them. All 21 were accepted (they usually are), so I can gladly announce that I now am a full member of Societas Homiletica. A good network for inspiration and sharing of ideas and research.

The conference ended with a Worship Service. The closing hymn is also my prayer:
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light

No comments: