Monday 22 September 2014

Can you keep a secret?

Today I heard about a new app. Secret! According to Wikipedia is Secret
… an iOS and Android app that allows people to share messages anonymously within their circle of friends, friends of friends, and publicly. It differs from other anonymous sharing apps such as PostSecret, Whisper, and Yik Yak in that it is intended for sharing primarily with friends, potentially making it more interesting and addictive for people reading the updates ...
And I also read how this app has affected young people in Sweden. The Local writes:
Swedish police are struggling to know what to do with a new batch of criminal reports filed by teenagers upset about a controversial app that allows users to post comments and pictures anonymously.
I even heard this news in Swedish TV, which I can watch via SvT Play. I was surprised. Teenagers, a principal and a police were interviewed. All were very serious. No one suggested the most natural answer:
Uninstall the app!
Later I saw this post from one of my Facebook contacts. It is actually a bit true:
We talk so much about leaving a better planet to our kids, that we forget about leaving better kids to this planet.

Educate your children Say NO to them every once in a while.

Seriously: what kind of friendship is that?

No comments: